Here we have compiled the most probable DevOps interview questions asked in the industry. You will learn about software version control, Git repository, reverting a commit in Git, Vagrant, continuous testing elements, and the importance of continuous integration, testing, and deployment. These questions are curated after discussing with many interviewers and DevOps Training experts.
There is a "quiet period" option in jenkins. You can set a value of 120(it’s in seconds) to delay the job by 2 minutes in starting.
Application server receives requests from web-server to serve dynamic content like Search results, business logic of the application. Application server is the one who interacts with databases and provides content to the web users.
1. Firstly we should build a war-file/artifact.
2. And Jenkins will trigger a shell script for deployment.
3. It checks if the tomcat/target machine is running & has enough disk space.
4. Jenkins will copy the war files into tomcat’s webapps location.
Create a Jenkins Job to clone you a Git repository, go to configure and set git repository’s URL, Save and Build the Job, that clones you a Git repository.
It is very simple to move or copy jenkins jobs from one machine to another, just go through the following steps:
1. To copy a Jenkins job, copy an existing job and paste it in another machine’s Jenkins jobs location.
2. You can move a job from one Jenkins server to another by simply moving the particular job directory and paste it in Jenkins Jobs location of another machine.
For a single job/project you can have multiple configurations and while triggering a job/project jenkins will ask you to provide any configuration to follow. For example you have created a job and configured it to deploy in all the environments, and you made it parameterized so that Jenkins will ask you to select a specific environment (like QA, UAT, Staging, Pre-Prod, etc..) before starting a Parameterized build.
To create a backup of Jenkins Job, just copy %Jobs_name% directory, you can also copy a Jobs directory to all your jobs. Here you may miss some configuration files. So the best way is to copy .jenkins directory.
To create a Jenkins backup, all you need to do is to periodically copy your %JENKINS_HOME% (.jenkins) directory. It contains all of your builds, jobs configurations, your build history and everything.
The hpi package is the custom format Jenkins uses to distribute plugins. Here are the steps to deploy custom build of a core plugin:
1. Stop jenkins.
2. Copy your custom HPI package to $JENKINS_HOME/plugins.
3. Remove the previous expanded plugin directory.
4. Make an empty file called
Yes, Jenkins has an options to schedule a builds:
1 By Source code management commits using Poll SCM.
2 After completion of other builds using post build condition.
3 Can be scheduled to run at a specified time using the build periodically option.
4 And there is one more option called Delay.
2023 Gamut Gurus Pvt Ltd, All rights Reserved.